Monday, 18 September 2017

Ooopsie

My weekend was really quiet and pretty boring so I won't bore you with it.
Today I finished my second draft of the short story. On Friday night it was 11724 words. You might remember I said I was aiming for 5000 words in total, so obviously I was a little over. Now I've done my first redraft - and it somehow became 12199 words! That does include 12 words that don't count - Chapter 1-Chapter 6 - but still, I think you'd agree that's not exactly a step in the right direction. Except that I think the second draft is a bit better than the first so that is a step in the right direction. 
Editing / redrafting is hard. It's not as much fun as writing either. But I'm still going to start the third draft in a few days. And hopefully start a new one in the meantime so that I can be genuinely detached when we go back to the first one.

2 comments: