Tuesday, 29 August 2017

Why oh why

Do mothers bring babies into their office? I'm guessing that it's because they - the mothers- want some adult conversation for a change, but it seems pretty inconsiderate to me. The office environment isn't fun or interesting for the child so it's very likely to cry or throw a tantrum, and personally I find that a lot less helpful to my ability to concentrate on the work than you might expect...
Even people who like small children are distracted and less productive so really it's not professional at all. Don't get me wrong, if you teach kindergarten or run child care it's fine, take your son or daughter to the place with similar aged children and lots of toys... But an office??? It's quite likely the poor kid will work in one some day but there's no need to start preparing them before their first birthday!!!
OK all you loving parents can hate me for my intolerant attitude if you want, I won't hold it against you. So long as you don't punish me by bringing your screaming baby into my office.
OK, whinge over, everything else is good :-)

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't seem to me to be a very productive environment for such a young child - and I love children around.
    J x

    ReplyDelete