Thursday, 15 June 2017

Still not sleeping brilliantly

I think it's simply because it's so light in the mornings. To block the light out I'm wearing an eye mask but it shifts while I'm sleeping and that's enough to disrupt my sleep. Especially if it shifts enough for the plastic piece you use to adjust the fit to dig into my ear. I'm sleeping more restlessly - I used to wake up in virtually the same position as I fell asleep, now I wake up with my bedclothes wrapped three times round me. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually.... Right?
The project I've worked on most of the time since starting my job went live today - and so far went very smoothly, for which we all have been getting lots of positive feedback, which is really nice for us. Today we were brought celebratory Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Once again I held my atkins position and turned them down. They felt smug for a while, which was also really nice for me.
Add to that the fact that I made some good progress on the training that I'm doing and I had a pretty good day really, although as is the way of testing I did have some very frustrating times as well. Not boring though!

Food today 
Breakfast : naked boring hard boiled eggs 
Lunch : ham and vegetables
Dinner : homemade beef burger with broccoli 
Snacks : cheese of course 

3 comments:

  1. I love me so low carb eating!! Good for you for resisting the evil sugar carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go back and read some of your posts from a few months ago and see the difference. Keep up the good work. Too much light and too much heat for comfortable sleeping. My bed looks like the dogs have slept in it in the morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you put up blackout curtains? I have heavy black curtains in my bedroom (it's only a small window) but it's amazing how dark it makes the room and I sleep so much better.

    ReplyDelete