Thursday, 29 June 2017

Staying strong

Another OK day today in terms of food and lack of drinks. I avoided temptation all day by simply staying away from the shops, restaurants etc in Cardiff - I stayed in the office at lunchtime and stayed away from some cakes and doughnuts too!
Work was quiet because the guy who sits next to me is on holiday - started today for 2 weeks. On the one hand I like chatting to him and felt a bit isolated without him there; on the other hand he is a football fanatic and I did NOT miss the lengthy conversations between him and his fellow fanatics on and off throughout the day. I think next week I'll use my mobile to listen to classic fm if I get bored.
I did make some good progress on several little bits of work though, which was mildly satisfying - so all in all not a bad day!

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work and remember to congratulate yourself on a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avoidance and distraction are too of my big solutions to office food!

    ReplyDelete