Friday, 26 May 2017

Friday!!!

I wasn't in work today. I had a doctor's appointment just before 10 to discuss my foot and decided to use a day's leave rather than rushing to catch the first available train after the appointment. He confirmed that it is plantar fasciitis and his advice was all along the lines that I've been trying so far - which was both a good thing (reassuring me I was neither making things worse nor wasting my time) and a bad thing (no magic wand being waved to fix it instantly). He did prescribe me an anti-inflammatory to take for a couple of weeks though. Also he pressed and squeezed my foot to check it wasn't anything else and it complained for the rest of the day.
I had decided to make the most of having a 4 day weekend so I got a Tesco delivery first thing and decided to go to the library and get my hair cut while I was out. Sadly when I arrived at the hairdressers - one of those 'appointments not always needed' places - it was packed, so I'm still limping around looking like a shaggy dulux dog. I'll have to try again tomorrow.
After all that I forced myself to mow the lawn for the first time in almost a month. It was bright and sunny and baking hot and we've now decided to get rid of the lawns altogether - so tomorrow I'll be ordering weed suppressing sheets and tonnes (literally) of gravel or similar to cover them. It will be a nightmarish job, but I'm very sure we'll be glad we did it. I only wish I could snap my fingers and it would be done. If anyone knows any cheap suppliers of gravel etc by mail order please let me know! It's going to cost a fortune!

Food today:
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with spinach and mushrooms (yes scrambled, not hard boiled!) on GF toast 
Lunch: leek and potato soup and some of those pea snacks 
Dinner: salmon and new potatoes 
Snacks: too Damn many! A raw cashew bar from Aldi, some melon chunks, some dried fruit and nut mix 

2 comments:

  1. It all looks absolutely delicious! A shame there's no fast answer to your foot problems. Take care. xxx
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that the diagnosis is confirmed but at least you know what you are dealing with and not to expect a quick cure.

    ReplyDelete