Wednesday, 10 May 2017

Day 2

Day 2 of the training was better than day 1. When we finished yesterday I hadn't completed the days task, but given I got to work at 7:15 and the training didn't pick up again until 9 I was able to fight my way through at my own pace - very much slower than the training course pace - and get there in the end. Then today's topics weren't as hard - or possibly he'd dumbed it down when he realized we were struggling with it. In addition I had a chance to discuss it a bit with the two other attendees on this session and another colleague who did it some time ago. One of the people doing it this week was a developer, so technical, and had worked in that programming language in the past; the other two people I spoke with were testers and both agreed that it was going right over all our heads. Just knowing I wasn't alone in my bafflement made me feel better! And the day flew by again.
I'd gone in on the train in case the course overran because I really didn't want to fight through even heavier traffic than normal, so my journey was fairly stress-free. I realize that's not a common description of travelling by rail - or public transport generally - but I was lucky. So all in all today was definitely a better day!

2 comments: