Monday, 22 May 2017

An almost painfree day!

My foot has been much better today, which is nice. Especially considering that I realised yesterday that my 'resting' of it has still been averaging 2-3.5 miles when I go out at lunchtime (the two miles is when I only walk from the station to the office and back, so I can't do anything about that, they won't let me move the station and refuse to open an office next door to my house 😒)
You might have guessed from the above that I am no longer driving to work. Yesterday I drove to Cardiff early in the morning so I could actually buy a 12 month season ticket at immense expense (but still very good saving compared to buying daily) so now I'm committed. Today on the way home I was punished by the 'mysterious 10 minute sitting ona train in a train station without explanation or apology' phenomenon that all train commuters know well.
At the weekend I realised I was becoming a bit depressed again. Through some together time with M and a little sunshine (it's finally stopped raining) I think I've managed to stave it off for now, though I don't know how long for of course. The early warning sign was the apathy that led to me not bothering to post for a few days last week. So clearly I am feeling better today despite being thoroughly bored with the specific testing I am STILL doing at work.
I am also now feeling much more motivated to lose my weight. I want to start tracking my food on here again though I don't know if I'll stick to it.
Here goes:
Breakfast: Egg salad (hard boiled eggs, a little new potato, red onion and smoked pork sausage with mayo)
Lunch: tin of chicken veg soup (I'm ashamed not to be cooking all my lunches but I'm going through a stage of being fed up with all the food prep for work)
Dinner: baked chicken breast with roasted broccoli & asparagus
Snacks: Aldi baked pea snacks (malaysian curry flavour); fruit; cold meat
I'm eating too much fruit at the moment because the office buys fruit by the crate 4 days a week and I can't resist it when it's right in front of me. But there are worse faults. I wanted chocolate and didn't have any.  Not even stealing M's protein brownie supposed healthy low carb snack.

2 comments: