Friday, 28 April 2017

Ow

After my drive home yesterday was so much less good than I hoped I got home to bake a cake for today's bake sale. Did I briefly consider buying one instead? Maybe... Very briefly. But I resisted and made the flourless clementine cake. It wasn't my best effort due to hurried stress baking but still went down quite well at the sale. After baking the cake I went to bed and tossed and turned all night; I was so sleep deprived that I had a splitting headache all morning.
I took the train today because I didn't fancy adding bank holiday traffic to the rubbish traffic I experienced yesterday. Because of the headache and lack of sleep I abandoned my original intention of driving to the station and just hitched a ride with Min the morning. The train ran like a dream, but walking home after work was pretty painful - my left ankle and foot are acting up big time at the moment. I think I may have plantar fasciitis but that's a self diagnosis based on googling my symptoms so it could be something else altogether.
During my first two weeks at work I have been eating appallingly due to a combination of the uncertainty of a new position, the novelty of the shopping opportunities in Cardiff, and the fact that I keep messing up my food planning - hardly surprising after being free to improvise my meals for so long. For once I'm not inclined to beat myself up over it as it has been just part of the adjustment process, but now I need to get things under control. Especially as my current weight can't be doing my ankle / foot any favours. Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. So pleased to hear you are not beating yourself up stuff happens in life and rolling with the punches is the best way to go each day is a fresh start yesterday is dead and gone. Now if it is plantar fasciitis walking is not going to help so rest that foot no 5 mile hikes!!!!! this might interest you as you know I lost lots of weight but my view of my body didn't change a bit I still saw myself as big but when I thought about it I had always been taller than my peers so it is an image that has followed me through my life and has no actual bearing on what I look like. Crazy or what!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow indeed. It may be that walking on it is not a good idea right now, I agree, Diane. :-(
    I know what you mean about the body image thing.
    J x

    ReplyDelete