Tuesday, 25 April 2017

Bad start to the day

I use an iPad apologize as an alarm. Last night it crashed and as a result didn't wake me up. Usually I would still wake up pretty much as early but I'd had some wine and some Night Nurse so... I had been planning to walk to the train station but when I finally woke up it was already time to leave, so I had to rush around madly getting ready and drove to the station instead. It was so cold I wasn't entirely sorry - even less so when I looked out of the train window at the hailstones bouncing off the train.
Today I was running some tests - rerunning really, with no pressure other than the desire to get ready for the real work. It made the day pass much more quickly and I enjoyed it (novelty value!)
I had a very short walk at lunch but mostly my exercise was just the 7 minute walk from the station to the office and the 7 minute walk back again. Ah well...

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like your day didn't turn out too bad after all, but I know when I sleep in my whole day is thrown off!

    Hail in April? Our weather is mad too just now. Mother Nature is bipolar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaargh! The joys of modern technology.
    Still, I remember the days when you had to wind your alarm clock or it didn't go off at all. A sign of my age? You betcha!
    Glad the job is going well - early days still, and it'll get even better when you're properly in the groove.
    It's been horrid here too - very cold, a bitter wind, hail showers and a bit of soggy snow. Makes me think of my Mum telling me not to cast a clout until May is out... and we're still in April!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Night nurse and wine naughty! but hey sleep is necessary. When work is boring and dull I always try to say to myself would you rather be picking potatoes in a field. The answer is always no!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a good day after the initial shock! I'm glad it is going OK so far.
    J x

    ReplyDelete