Monday, 27 March 2017

Monday

So it's been a while. Straight off I should say I'm doing a bit better now. 
On Wednesday last I hit what I hope is rock bottom. I'm was, I think, in a bit of a manic state - nervous, anxious, aggressive, babbling like a lunatic - earlier in the day, followed by a collapse that had me spending the second part of the day lying in bed seriously wishing I was dead. I'm not exaggerating when I say that if I habitually kept sharp knives in the bedroom I might have done myself some harm, but luckily I don't, and was in a state of such apathy physically that I couldn't even get up. 
Before you call the Samaritans though, I woke up on Thursday feeling at least a third of the way back to being human and apart from a few short lived slips between then and now I have been climbing up from the depths ever since. Maybe I had to sink that far down in order to get my feet under me so I could push back up? I don't know. (I do know I hope I never feel like that again  and I don't want to dwell on it, especially as there were terrible things happening outside that bedroom, in the heart of London, that put things into perspective.)
Yesterday I didn't just feel better, I felt good - I went to see my mum for Mother's Day and we chatted and set the world to rights and hugged a lot; my brother popped in as well so I had a real family day and it was GOOD.
Today I'm a bit knackered but feeling quite positive. I've even been catching up on several days worth of blogs and Facebook and I want to say I'm sorry I've been worrying you Diane and Joy - so sorry. I can't promise I'm really back but at the least I feel like I'm nearly back and so much better than I was last week. And thank you so much for caring xxx

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you started off with 'I'm doing a bit better now', thank you.
    Perhaps you are right - you had to go that far down before you could start to bounce up (who knows) and I am so glad you had such a lovely day with your family yesterday.
    I know you can't promise anything but that's for posting and letting us know you are much better than you had been.
    Lots of love to you
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good to hear from you. You were missed. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray back up and running to day is the first day of your new life I hope you took my advise and congratulated yourself on making it through another day.

    ReplyDelete