Wednesday, 1 February 2017

Rain. And Rain. And rain

Fortunately this morning at least I had to wait in for a couple of deliveries so I wouldn't have been able to go out even if I'd wanted to. I did a little sketching, some studying, some housework and some TV watching - it was a productive morning. Both my deliveries arrived around lunch so after eating I decided to pop out for a short walk to test the boots I'd found the day before.
Oh my god I almost instantly knew exactly why I stopped wearing them! They didn't give me any blisters but they were so heavy and rigid that my ankles in particular were almost immediately wrecked. I was limping and wishing for a teleport system in no time at all and cut my walk short so I could rip them off my feet and swiftly order some new boots from Amazon - as close as possible to my favourite boots of all time, which died last year. My ankles were aching and tired for a good while afterwards but eventually stopped screaming at me. By that point it was raining harder again and I was glad to be home in the dry.
My food today was good, my morning was productive - the afternoon a bit less so - and my exercise, like this mornings weigh in (the first for a few weeks) disappointing 
Weight today 182 lbs.
Waaaaah 

2 comments:

  1. Chrissie did you see how to lose weight well the other night when they were testing the omni diet which seemed to do the job. It seems quite sensible 70% green stuff and 30% protein with good fats like olive oil. I could live with that and a square of dark chocolate for those moments of need. Hard first two weeks gradually easing off. Might be worth a look

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boots sound dire. Did you manage to find some better ones?
    J x

    ReplyDelete