Tuesday, 24 January 2017

Tuesday morning

After I posted yesterday I had a busyish day, making two trips to the doctors surgery I've registered with here - the first to take in the boxes for my medications so I could request a refill for my antidepressants, the second for a 'new patient' check up with the nurse. Which was horribly traumatic because it included being weighed, in the afternoon, fully dressed. I was forced to stick my fingers in my ears and 'la la la I can't hear you' till her lips stopped moving at that point. 
I also met some people walking dogs and, more importantly, the dogs they were walking with. I love meeting friendly dogs on walks, they're so happy and enthusiastic!
The rest of the day was quiet. I was home alone and just watched TV and read my book. It was an autobiography by David Jason - 'My Life' - and I thoroughly enjoyed it, so I recommend that. It also inspired me to start watching A Touch of Frost and I enjoyed the pilot episode. 

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like doggie cuddles to brighten your day... especially after the trauma that is the dreaded new patient appointment.
    Why is it that practice nurses have the ability - for a multitude of reasons - to make you feel like a sinner of the first water, yet doctors don't?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would share your trauma, Chrissie. A nightmare!
    J xxx

    ReplyDelete