Tuesday, 31 January 2017

No more drama

So far so quiet thankfully. I don't know if my neighbour is feeling better or if he's holed up in his house staring out at the rain going stir crazy like me, but I haven't seen him at all. 
I went to Sainsburys this morning as I was completely out of dishwasher salt (how much do you envy my exciting life?) and regrettably bought a bit of chocolate and other carby things. No binge though, so no big deal.
After I got back I went into hibernation hoping that the rain might eventually stop so I could take another walk. It didn't. Bit I had to go out anyway as I got a phone call from the health centre offering a cancellation. On the way, as I stomped through the rubbish wet weather, I discovered the hard way that my walking boots have sprung a leak. I squelched most of the way there and all the way back home again. I've resurrected an old pair of hefty leather walking boots to hopefully break back in. I have to say they aren't as comfortable so far as the lighter trainer style boots I'm used to.

I also spent some time today sketching after getting completely out of the habit over the house move and Christmas - it felt good even though all I did was repeat some earlier exercises in the book I'm using. And trying to study and trying to job hunt. I accidentally applied for a permanent role back in Berkshire this afternoon thinking that Jobserve.com would have searched for jobs based on my criteria rather than random inappropriate guesses. Perhaps I should suggest that they hire me as a tester to help them fix their website. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. You sound like you have the fire back in your belly which is good now get it channeled down the right path and you are home and dry. PUN not intended

    ReplyDelete