Wednesday, 18 January 2017

Doing a bit Better

After I posted yesterday I walked to another local library (via an unplanned detour because Google maps went weird and confusing - or maybe that's my sense of direction) where I got more books than I planned. I walked home carrying said books, and when I got back I collapsed of knackeredness because I'd walked further and carried more than I really should have.
Last night I slept amazingly well - a combination of exhaustion and Night Nurse knocked me out - and this morning I woke up feeling at least 60% human, which was a big improvement I can tell you. Today I managed to get a walk this morning so I wouldn't be suicidal, but didn't walk an excessive distance, mostly stayed on the flat (as much as you can in this part of Wales) and only carried a manageable amount so I still feel much better.
I also feel more cheerful after M surprised me yesterday with a present.



Isn't it beautiful? Even I can't be depressed looking at that!
I'm also feeling more in control of my eating now - I'm not being ridiculously stringent or anything, but I haven't binged for several days now and the majority of what I've eaten has been unprocessed, which definitely helps. I want to thank Joy, Diane, Deniz and Rachel for your comments on my rambles over the last week. It does help when I'm depressed, and when I'm struggling with my health, to have your encouragement and warmth showing me that I'm not on my own and I really do always appreciate your general loveliness, even if I don't always say it!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Chrissie, that's a lovely thing to say. I'm so glad you are feeling a bit better - long may it continue. :-) Those flowers are absolutely beautiful.


    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope tomorrow is an even better day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless night nurse wonderful stuff. You can't beat a good nights sleep it makes all the difference. Now is the time to take real care of yourself as the last thing you want is a relapse. Now you have all those books cuddle up warm and read eat well and sleep. Soon you will be 100%

    ReplyDelete