Friday, 16 December 2016

Will this never end?

Yesterday I was involved in 17 house move related phone calls and achieved nothing at all. Our vendor is now galvanized into action; our solicitor and the estate agent are working hard to get things sorted; and we are all spinning our wheels because it appears that the solicitor our vendor chose is basically rubbish - from our point of view, never having directly communicated with her - she is both inept and lazy. Every time I talk to our solicitor or the estate agent I hear the same thing - I've left messages with the other solicitor and she hasn't returned my call. She knows that her client wants this pushing through asap but apparently doesn't see that as a reason to do, you know, her job. HER JOB!!! We're not asking her for a kidney for God's sake, but I think it would be no more difficult to get one out of her than to get her to send a damned email.
Even now this could all fall apart because we can't complete in time.

2 comments:

  1. All my friends who have bought homes say the same thing. It's madness to go through but it all works out in the end. I hope it's the case for you. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we bought this house we were in a contact race so I ended up phoning the solicitor daily till they just wanted rid of me so finally the did what was required.

    ReplyDelete