Thursday, 22 December 2016

We own a house

We actually completed the purchase yesterday but I spent the day running around the house packing (and later hobbling round the house packing after my back seized up in horror at the unusual exercise) followed by half a bottle of wine (straight from the bottle - I'd packed all the glasses) and an early night.
Now I'm sitting on the sofa like the Queen of Sheba while 3 big strong men empty all the furniture out of the house. To be fair, I'm not just being lazy, I'm also trying to stay out of the way (but I'm not sure if they can tell or if they're plotting to accidentally drop a TV on my head)
At least I can provide plenty of tea and coffee.
Once the house is empty I'll be able to hit the road (120 miles of it) heading down to Wales...

4 comments:

  1. Congrats - FINALLY a light at the end of the tunnel. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so delighted for you what a Christmas present. A HOUSE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Christmas present!
    Hope your back improves quickly and to have a super Christmas.
    Raising a glass to you for a settled and joyful 2017, and success on the job front too.
    Cheers,
    Deniz

    ReplyDelete