Wednesday, 28 December 2016

Hi

I'm still exhausted and therefore every day or so I collapse like someone hit me over the head with a sledgehammer, so my posts may be patchy for a while...
Yesterday was fairly unambitious - I walked about 4 miles exploring the route to a nearby supermarket that used to be a Co-Op last time I lived here and is now a Sainsburys (I know - the excitement!)
There was one pleasant bit of a view along the way...

but it was mostly very urban and built up. I spent a lot of time talking to myself (hopefully no one was around to hear me) - I remember that, don't remember that, was that there before? Can't remember... That sort of thing.  When I got back home we just watched TV all afternoon.
This morning I walked almost 8 miles in 2 chunks - doing some shopping for household necessities such as curtain rings and continuing the exploration of unfamiliarly familiar streets. It was a beautiful if cold frosty morning and I enjoyed myself except for some complaints from my left ankle. After a few years of living in the relative Plains of Berkshire South Wales is going to take some getting used to!


The park with the duck pond above is due to disappear under a new housing development in the near future - heartbreaking.
I'm now absolutely dead on my feet (well, flat on my back actually) with nothing more vigorous than TV watching, fried rice making, beer drinking relaxation planned for the rest of the day. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment