Because of all this stress and tension, anxiety and frustration I've now got back ache from the top of my head to the heels of both feet. I've been strung so tightly and nothing I could do helped - not reading, or sketching, not walking or watching TV. I will be so damned pleased when this is all behind us!
Wednesday, 14 December 2016
Last night M and I were discussing alternative plans for the near future - deciding that if our house purchase fell apart we would rent something in Wales then look again in Spring when the market typically picks up, and we'd have more choice. I told the estate agent that the proposed delay wasn't acceptable to us and he promised to make our points to the vendor - and in a last ditch attempt to save the sale he even offered us the short term use of a flat he owns above his real estate office. We turned that down - so he made the same offer to our vendor. And now it looks as though the sale may go ahead after all! As of 16:00 today the vendor has agreed to rent his flat on a rolling week basis so that we can complete before Christmas. Of course because we've lost a couple of days it's going to be tighter that it needed to be and it is now likely - not definite but likely - we may end up completing the day before Christmas Eve and moving during the period between Christmas and the New Year - I'll have to find out what the removal company's availability is like tomorrow. But hey, at least we're not starting over at this late date - that's worth a lot!