Thursday, 3 November 2016

Again...

I'm already fed up with the moving thing again. We've had an agreement in principle for a mortgage and apart from that seem to have made no progress at all. In the meantime I've attempted to study for my exam (which I was hoping to take next week) but every time I start trying to read about equivalence partitioning and boundary value analysis (if you don't know, don't ask - just celebrate your happier life) thoughts of removal companies, proof of id's and supporting documentation keep forcing their way into my brain... I'm hoping if I can get a couple of the early bits sorted out I'll be better able to study while other things go on elsewhere. As a result of spending so much time on the phone (which I hate) and on the computer (which I am growing to hate) I'm really uninspired to start posting in the evening, which is why I'm writing this in the morning before my blood pressure starts it's daily rise... My brother is visiting this weekend for a (probably) last trip to London for a while, hopefully that will be a relaxing distraction that will be greatly needed by then. Diane, your mother is a hero to survive over 30 moves - especially as I know some of them were across the world - sadly I'm not so competent or resilient :-(
And that has been my last couple of days... I will be back as soon as I have something to say (complain about) or as soon as my brain stops running madly in a million directions at once, whichever happens first. And sleeping past midnight wouldn't hurt either. Does anyone have any foolproof coping therapies for anxiety? I'm not depressed, just really really anxious...
ETA  I've spent the last 3 days doing an egg fast diet and lost 4 lbs of bloating to get to the lowest weight since Mirtrazapine. That isn't saying much as I've been losing and regaining the same few pounds ever since I stopped taking it and am still decidedly overweight, but it's a glimmer of light in the tunnel. Sadly the anxiety I'm currently feeling will probably trigger something regrettable before long... Why am I not one of those people who stop eating when they are stressed???

2 comments:

  1. A mortgage? So you're going to buy instead of rent? How exciting for you!!! Hoping it all goes well. Moving is such a pain but hopefully once you are settled in your new place - all will be right with your world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck Chrissie, you are most definitely resilient and competent.
    As to anxiety, my friend used to 'visualise' barefoot walks and chant 'cool, wet grass' to de-stress.
    Did it work? Who knows, but it gave us a few giggles.
    Hang in there and all the best for everything.
    Hugs, Deniz

    ReplyDelete