Monday, 3 October 2016

Nervous

I wasn't going to mention it until afterwards but I have a phone interview this afternoon. 
It's a weird one for me as its a permanent job not a contract, and it's back in Wales. M and I have been thinking about moving back to Wales for months off and on so this could be the deciding factor. In fact we drove back on Saturday to view a house - we haven't made our minds up on it yet though. If the job comes up obviously that will be a massive upheaval. I'll probably have to stay with M's parents for a while if we decide to buy a house rather than renting one, and travel back to Berkshire at the weekends as though I were working away. It won't be much fun - though obviously better than a normal working away scenario - but I'm tired of trying to be a contractor in the current market and possibly tired of it full stop - my favourite repeat clients are moving away from the use of contractors and I enjoy moving from job to job less than ever these days. Plus I miss owning a pet and a permie job could well provide the necessary stable base to allow us to get a dog, or a cat, or a dog and a cat...
Anyway, it's all pie in the sky unless and until I get the job but it's exciting to think about it... Please wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Very much luck to you . . . xxx
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie,
    I have everything crossed for you.
    You don't need 'luck' exactly - you are too good for that and have the skills in place already. But a little good fortune would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck! I was very happy when I was finally able to take a permanent job instead of contracting. Hope things work out the way you wish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck I could have used your help today had a complete melt down with the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't get restless. Everything will be fine and you will enjoy happy life soon. Anxiety can make you weak and ill. Stay happy.

    ReplyDelete