Thursday, 6 October 2016

Hmmm

Well, I'm not getting the second interview for the job in Cardiff. I fluffed one of the questions he asked and apparently it mattered quite a bit to them. A couple of hours after getting that news a different agent called me to say that a client of his I'd also applied to - also a permie job in Cardiff - wants to interview me next week so there are still options open (but this one is at a lower salary). This company might offer some training that I just won't get as a contractor - no one hires a contractor then pays for them to be trained and take that new skill with them when they leave. I've considered paying for it myself, but if you don't use it in anger most companies don't rate it so it seemed like a waste of time and money.

I was a lot less active today as predicted - also more hungry. I mowed the lawn this morning and took a stroll to the library. Between the two activities I did less than 3 miles. But I also did 45 push ups in 3 sessions - 15, 15, 10.
Sadly I let my disappointment this evening lead me astray - right into a bottle of white wine and a consolatory takeaway. Having said that, I was fairly restrained and don't feel too bad about my choices.

1 comment:

  1. Don't blame you one little bit - the phrase about doors and windows comes to mind here and my fingers are still firmly crossed for you!
    J xxx

    ReplyDelete