Monday, 1 August 2016

Weekend catch up

I have to say I had a great weekend! My brother visited us and he and I attempted to walk each other into the ground! 
On Saturday we went into London (where else?) and walked everywhere - from Waterloo to Soho to Oxford Street and back - over 13 miles pounding the streets of London plus a couple more going to the station and back. We had a delicious barbecue lunch and nearly melted in the heat. I think we would have walked further but there were lots of hold ups due to the Ride London cycle festival. The city was very crowded - particularly St James Park and Oxford Street - but we still enjoyed ourselves.





Sunday we stayed local and walked a mere 9 miles around town including exploring a park about a mile from the house. 




It was bright and hot so we stayed indoors between 12 and 2pm watching The Bridge of Spies - a truly excellent and compelling movie, brilliantly acted by Tom Hanks and Mark Rylance.

Today I had to go to the clinic for a smear test. Lucky lucky lucky me! Always my favourite thing to do - but I was a year overdue so had to get it out of the way. It went OK and then I had to stay in the rest of the day for a collection. I didn't actually mind since it was chilly, ultimately wet, and I needed to rest anyway. And 3 binge free days!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos, thanks for sharing them. I'm really glad you had such a good day.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics glad you had such a good time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loads of walking is right! What a fun weekend. Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete