Wednesday, 24 August 2016

My God it's hot

Yesterday it was about 28 degrees and I was hoping for a cool off overnight but the forecast for today is the same. I love seeing the sunshine, but when my brother visits we want to walk - a lot - (7 miles yesterday between 3 walks) and the heat was really draining.
My errand yesterday morning took an hour longer than it should have because I had to drive into Reading and the road system in Reading was designed by a PSYCHOTIC CHILD. Even with sat nav I got lost and drove in circles around the town centre so it took me an hour and 5 minutes to get to a destination 13 miles from home without much traffic. I hate driving in Reading.
Today we have no appointments or errands so we're hoping for a longer walk. Not sure how pleasant it will be given the temperature, but he's going home tomorrow so it's our best chance to get a good walk in.

1 comment:

  1. Thirty three degrees it was here this afternoon. About ten degrees more than comfort.
    Reading sounds dire!
    J x

    ReplyDelete