Friday, 12 August 2016

Interview and stuff

I was ridiculously nervous this morning when I realised that this was the first face to face interview I'd had for about 4 years due to several jobs arising from phone interviews and going back to the same company several times. I don't know why I was more nervous about that than a phone interview but a part of it was probably all the hassle around having to drive to a new place. Because I don't trust traffic ever I allowed an hour and a quarter for a 40 minute journey - and arrived over half an hour early. The office is in a really nice position backing on to a very well maintained and used canal - possibility of nice lunchtime walks if I get offered the job, which I should find out about on Monday. The job sounds OK, possibly high pressure but for so short a time it doesn't matter much.
My new interview suit fit well but was far too warm for such a hot day. When I got back home afterwards I had a quick lunch before going for a short walk - I wanted to go further but it was just too hot and humid. 
Food today was good, not much exercise and I confess I had a little whisky as a reward for making it to my interview. But I also finished week 1 of the Financial Markets course so my day was... Mostly good.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us know and I'm glad you felt it was an OK job, in the short term, at last.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you hope the job works out to be something you enjoy

    ReplyDelete