Tuesday, 26 July 2016

Day 2

In the past two days I haven't found a single contract to apply for. I'm not applying for jobs all over the country yet, or permie jobs, I'm only looking for a local contract but the market is dire. I'm not going to say I regret my last contract ending, but being off isn't all rainbows, unicorns and kittens.
My back is a lot better today - not 100% but about 80% better, which is good. I walked another 6 miles today in between spending a few hours at the library because of Internet troubles again - happily they have free WiFi for members. I was quite impressed by how busy it was - in the morning it was full of kids, joining the library so they take part in a reading challenge to be completed over the summer holidays, and in the afternoon there was some kind of discussion group - from the outside I wasn't certain I'd they were talking movies or book - or maybe movie adaptations of books - but they seemed quite enthusiastic. It's nice to see that library being used properly - and hopefully it should protect it in the next run of closures (the local council is currently in consultation over which to keep)
It was bright and sunny all day but I felt it was a bit cooler and that was welcome. Especially for the walks and my morning visit to the skip with a car load of grass clippings. 
Apart from the skip and the Internet problems it was quite a quiet, pleasant day. If someone would like to pay me for that it would be nice....

No comments:

Post a Comment