Monday, 4 July 2016

Another Monday

So annoying the way Mondays keep on popping up every week...
I trained this morning and felt ok afterwards but later in the morning I found my back felt tight and uncomfortable - enough to need painkillers - so I think I'm going to have to try to incorporate stretching into my routine. I find stretching really boring but I'll just have to suck it up I guess. (I have a feeling I've said that before (200000 times?) but this time I got as far as doing a Yoga PM stretch, breathe and relax session this evening. I'm so inflexible at the moment it wasn't that relaxing during, but now I've finished I feel pretty good and the back is the best it's been all day. Curses- that means I'll have to try to keep it up!)
At lunchtime I had to pop out briefly but managed not to pig out despite forgetting my morning snack and being really hungry all morning. 
My morning snack was intended to be a portion of my new batch of homemade yogurt, made yesterday from semi skimmed milk. I tried to make some on Saturday but M distracted me at a key moment and I ruined it by adding the starter when the milk was too warm - it came out mostly so thin it was drinkable but with lumps in it, so I settled for blending it and then using the resulting thin yogurt as a type of homemade Actimel - very unsatisfactory. I was much more conscientious yesterday and it turned out much thicker; it's also a lot more sour tasting than the first batch (not a complaint, just an observation) and I'm not sure if that's because I used a different yogurt starter or because of the lower fat milk. I may need to sweeten this batch, but I have yet to strain it to try it properly. Or, if I feel it isn't sweet enough to eat 'neat' I could just use it to make curries as Diane suggested, rather than adding artificial sweetener or my favourite - honey! So many decisions to make!

2 comments:

  1. I find my yogurt 'sweetens' (loses the sour tang) after a few days. Maybe it is to do with being so very fresh - after all, the stuff we buy in the shop can't possibly be that fresh so we're not used to it.
    I use skimmed milk with some added dried milk powder and it comes out lovely and thick. Keep trying, you'll find your way, a way that suits you.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been having major problems with my hips this past week, so I haven't exercised like I want to. it's hard to move when it hurts!

    ReplyDelete