Monday, 18 July 2016

Aaarrgghhhh owwwww owwww

Last week sucked HUGELY - I binged 3 times and overate junk over the weekend as well. I am not going to say anything more about that because I am losing the will to live just thinking about it.
This morning I woke up at 2am thanks to the heat and tried to get back to sleep for over 2 hours before giving in and getting up. I had a bad back as well thanks to spending some time battling brambles in the back garden on Saturday and Sunday - scenes reminiscent of The Day of the Triffids but more violent.
I got to work this morning to discover that the refurb that was happening over the weekend wasn't finished - and that I wasn't actually on the new desk plan so had nowhere to sit. At this point I was feeling negative enough to consider driving back home as 'clearly' they were trying to tell me something. I didn't, because I needed to get last week's time sheet signed, and went for a walk instead. It wasn't particularly enjoyable, partly due to the bad back and worse mood, partly due to the heavy fog throughout the village.
When I went back to the office (which I did early still because I was busy convincing myself that I might as well get a massive Danish pastry from the bakery of doom) I was told to use a temporarily empty desk 'for now' - so I don't know what will happen if their recruitment efforts succeed. I do know I'm not now sitting near the other testers, which is not great. Then, having been told where to sit, I brought my desktop and monitors upstairs and finished off my back in the process.

I hate everything, everyone and life itself. 

I have not yet binged today. I can't comment on how long that is likely to last.

ETA  I was right - they were trying to tell me something. I finish on Friday and you know I'd be dancing on the ceiling apart from the state of the post-Brexit economy. Brace yourself for complaints about job hunting for the foreseeable future....

1 comment: