Wednesday, 22 June 2016

Knackered

I slept better last night although I still woke up a little bit earlier than I like. As I wasn't so tired as yesterday morning I got up rather than lying there trying to stop the movement of time with the power of my mind; in fact I threw on some training gear and jumped on the climber before I could think myself out of it. And then... I left early for work with the intention of going for a walk before 7. Of course it started drizzling as soon as I hit Buckinghamshire - but it was very light so I went anyway!!! Per my backup plan I left my money in the car and explored a local Nature reserve. Not much to see at this time of the year of course and a bit boggy from all the recent rain, but still...



I didn't make it out again at lunchtime but as my pedometer claimed I'd walked 4 miles by mid morning (including around the house this morning and around the office) I wasn't too worried about that. 
There was a birthday today and I confess I snagged a small snack cake. I wanted to test my reaction to the carbs and it was good - I enjoyed it but it didn't flick the binge switch and the one small piece was enough. I would like to get to a place where I can confidently have the occasional treat and then move on - rather than being too afraid of the binge monster to ever take that first bite. I'm not saying I'm there, it may well have been a one off, but if that's how food sanity feels I liked it :-) Almost as much as I like actually having some energy and motivation...

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastically positive post. I was smiling all the way through.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think once you realise you able to avoid binging the battle will be won the odd slip from grace is just life.

    ReplyDelete