Tuesday, 17 May 2016

I fell asleep yesterday

Before I could post. And slept pretty well too!
Since we last spoke I've been continuing to feel a lot better and haven't binged. I have overeaten as I'm constantly hungry, but at the moment I'm going with it a lot more in an attempt to just get better.
On Saturday I woke up with a splitting headache. Remember when I said my new antidepressant might lead to me waking up 'hungover' when not hungover? Like that. I felt dodgy all day Saturday even after the headache subsided so I barely moved from the bed except to cook and literally didn't leave the house.
On Sunday I walked a short walk but not very far and did some shopping. I tried to watch a movie but it wasn't very gripping so I fell asleep on the sofa (even though it was full of screams and yells, battle scenes and explosions :-) )
Yesterday was a day off mandated by my boss because she felt she had no work for me. It was quite a weird day really. I had a Tesco order delivered just after 9 and spent the rest of the day failing to go for a walk. I did however experiment with a 'paleo' grain free granola (and ate too much of it), watched a movie, did some laundry, posted back some lovefilm movies, mowed the lawn... the grass had put on a growing spurt thanks to the rain last week - I was not impressed, as I was quite happy with its previous pace.  I say happy, but what I really want is a lawn that grows to a high of 3/4 inch then stops growing. But failing that, I was accepting of its previous rate of growth.
I'd been constipated all weekend from the unaccustomed fibre I'd started eating - that changed yesterday.
And then I took my antidepressant and fell asleep without further ado.

Since deciding to change up my focus and my eating plan I've eaten:
lamb mince, beef mince, chicken, pork shoulder steaks, bacon, Greek yoghurt, cashew nuts, almonds and eggs for protein.
asparagus, broccoli, spinach, courgette, onion and mushrooms
fresh melon, dried dates and a few raisins
double cream and peanut butter for fat

2 comments:

  1. Well done sleep is restorative and apparently allows your brain to shed the stuff that gives you alzheimer's. Now here is my latest though I am trying to start each day by saying to myself I choose to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. As Diane said, sleep is terribly important for both mental and physical well being. I'm so glad you're feeling happier.
    J x

    ReplyDelete