Saturday, 7 May 2016

Friday & Saturday

I worked from home yesterday and wasn't the weather glorious? I only walked 4 miles taking a long lunch break but it was nice to expose my blindingly white legs to the sunshine for the first time this year :-)
I ate well - had slightly too much food but only from foods that fit into my current plan - very low carb, moderate protein, high fat diet. I did drink, but just one double whisky to celebrate completing my first week back at work.
This morning I weighed in and I'm now a smidgen less than 5 lbs down from the horrifying number I saw last week (whichever day it was - Tuesday? Wednesday? I can't bring myself to check and remind myself how depressing it was). I'm still significantly above even my tolerable high weight, but the big drop this week has confirmed that there was a lot of water sloshing around in my system when I gave myself that scare.
Now I just have to stay on the straight and narrow long enough to get back to a more satisfactory weight.
This morning started a little overcast but quickly cleared and even before the sun appeared it was quite warm. I went for a long walk this morning - I walked to the Morrisons in Wokingham as my local store has let me down by never having any packs of pork rinds available when I go in. I walked just over 10 miles despite cheating and catching a train part of the way back because I was finding the heat a bit tiring. Most of the walk was on pavements alongside roads but there was a pleasant Park at the end:


Once again I had bare arms and legs so I've had a really good dose of Vitamin D today. I've collapsed rather now so I expect the afternoon will consist of reading, TV watching and cooking - nothing too energetic!

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great - and thanks for the kind comment on my blog. I'm having trouble getting back into my walking routine and can't figure out why. I need a good long walk!

    ReplyDelete