Friday, 1 April 2016

Unemployed

Yesterday was my last day. I didn't know it at the time - based on reading an email from my agency I thought today was my last day, so I worked from home yesterday and drove in today to work for a few hours and then hand over the work laptop and security pass... only to discover that all my access had expired so I couldn't do anything. I was home again by 9. 
I lazed around for a couple of hours before going out for a walk. Then I lazed around some more and popped out to the shop. Between the two trips I walked 5.5 miles despite some shin pain and a bit of lower back / hip ache. It was a relaxed day after the dodgy beginning and I enjoyed it. I ate well without even wanting to binge and had no alcohol. Hopefully I'll be able to make some actual progress while I'm off so that I have something to build on even after I start work again.

2 comments:

  1. How lovely to have an unexpected free day, even if the reason was sad.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope this next step is a good one for you and you're able to relax a bit.

    ReplyDelete