Monday, 4 April 2016

Unemployed Mondays aren't so bad

This morning I got up at my usual time but obviously didn't have to head out at 6:20 am. After my usual 2 full caffeine, one decaff coffees I got on the climber again - I also used it on Saturday. On Saturday I managed 25 minutes. Today I watched an episode of Criminal Minds and it distracted me so effectively that I stayed on the machine for 44 minutes, and then walked into town to buy M some peanut butter. If I'm honest half way into town my legs started hinting that maybe it wasn't entirely fair to ask them for more when they'd already done so much. By half way back from town they felt so heavy and tired I'm surprised I'm not still out there crawling home :-)
As a result I spent a lot of the day lying on the sofa in between doing some very perfunctory tidying up, dealing with 3 loads of laundry, and cooking up a batch of pork rinds. It wasn't a glamorous or exciting day off but after training I felt amazing and even feeling tired later just validated my feeling of having worked harder than I'm used to. It worked for me...

1 comment:

  1. Sound great! Hope the legs are OK tomorrow.
    J x

    ReplyDelete