Friday, 8 April 2016

Groan again

I was awake a lot of last night feeling like a horse kicked me in the kidney. Which is always nice.
But I've also had a lot of peculiar nights lately (don't get excited, this is not that kind of blog!!!) and I'm wondering if the antidepressants I'm on are screwing with my sleep patterns. I get to sleep more easily than normal but then have very restless nights which seem, as far as I can tell, to be filled with weird disturbing dreams that I can't remember once I wake up. It's hard to feel rested after a night like that. Possibly / probably as a result of the disturbed nights I'm having eye pain and head aches quite a bit too. Not much fun, and if it keeps up I think I'll have to go back to the doctor for advice. Has anyone else had any of these experiences while taking antidepressants? There are vague comments in the packaging about insomnia and headaches but I know I'm prone to blaming the pills for everything weird in my life.
Anyhow. Enough moaning and groaning.
Or maybe not. Over-ate again today. If you saw me you'd think I was trying to gain weight to win a prize. 
Where the hell is my binge off switch?

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget the antidepressants relieve you of stress like not binging!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have vivid dreams on the antidepressants I'm taking and also have some sleep trouble - I'll fall right to sleep, but then wake up at 3 or 4 a.m. I started taking a melatonin at night, and that's helped me stay asleep or at least fall back asleep if I wake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What dosage of melatonin do you take? I've been thinking of trying it for a while now but in the UK it's pretty expensive so I want to get the right stuff!

      Delete