Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Survived

I'd forgotten how bad moving yourself without professional movers could be.
I'm still knackered, aching in so many places and covered in nicks, bruises and a fetching rash that I suspect is stress related.
I binged today after not doing so all weekend / probably because in all honesty I tried to stick to the diet and lot of the time and as a result didn't eat enough to fuel all the exercise and effort being expended.
Over the weekend I drank every night - but really not very much, certainly far less than I've ever managed before with social events involving these relations - and not because I was reminding myself of everything I had to do so I wouldn't overdo it, I just didn't want much. We had takeaways every night Friday to Sunday inclusive because it wasn't practical for me to try to cook for 4 with the house in an uproar and after all the physical effort going on all day. I'm still not really back to cooking much because I don't have a dishwasher - I've bought one and it's due on Thursday - so I'm unwilling to get too many pots and pans dirty. I hate hate hate dishwashing by hand and it feels like I've done a LOT of it since Saturday.
But we're in! We're both alive (just about) and the house has taken shape quite well in most of the important rooms. It will continue to do so for the next few days at least I guess....

2 comments:

  1. I love my dishwasher and am glad you're getting one. May you be very happy in your new home.
    J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about having drinks and ordering food instead of cooking during all of this. I bet you burned way more of those calories with all of the physical activity. Glad you're getting settled in!

    ReplyDelete