Monday, 28 December 2015

So Christmas is done

But not-Christmas, for me, lasts until next Sunday evening.
I was going to post on Friday but I did nothing at all post worthy. I went for a walk (less than 3 miles because my back starts aching at 3 miles just now), read a lot, watched TV a lot, and cooked a meal from my favourite Chinese cookbook that I've had since I was 18. I cooked Chinese just to be clear about it not being a Christmas dinner.
On Boxing Day I did all the above things again apart from cooking Chicken with Peanut Butter.
Yesterday... I did them again. 
If you read this far without falling asleep, congratulations. But before you feel sorry for me or reject me for extreme (even by my standards) tediousness you should know how much I need this right now. I'm still sleeping badly despite not being as depressed. (I have to get to the doctor this week for a renewal of my antidepressants prescription and will ask him for advice / help / more drugs) So I've basically been exhausted for months and now I'm merely tired. By the time I go back to work on the 4th I hope to be human again. However tomorrow my mother in law and father in law are visiting us which never fails to be a chaotic exercise in getting drunk and eating crap and not sleeping AT ALL so that could be a set back. Worth it though as I haven't seen her in over a year. They are coming back again in a couple of weeks to help us move house.
Anyway. As I mentioned above if I walk too far at the moment I ache. I've been meaning all week to double up on the shorter walks so I could still gets some decent miles in but the weather - and the fact that the more interesting walks along rivers and through woods are so slippery underfoot that I've had to stick to boring Street walking (so to speak) has put me off. I basically went out once a day maximum. But this morning was beautiful - sunny, much less windy, dry and mild. So today I did actually double up and managed almost 6 miles with no pain even though I was carrying shopping in my rucksack. This made me happy :-)
Foodwise I have not been so happy. I have mostly avoided bingeing and mostly avoided gluten - but haven't totally avoided either, and with feeling a little out of control on that front I've been getting anxious and also drinking a bit. Not massively, not enough to get drunk even with my lightweight tolerance, but pretty much daily, which is a habit I don't want to be in. I'm not going to kid myself that either year eating or the food will be right tomorrow with M's family visiting, but I'm going to try to do better for the rest of the week so I'm hopefully not suffering with dodgy digestion by the time I go back to work. At the moment I'm looking forward to that, which hopefully will make it easier to get back into it.

1 comment:

  1. Chrissie, honey, I never, ever find your blog tedious or sleep creating. I enjoy reading about the lives of others and I enjoy reading your blog.
    Just needed to say that.
    I'm glad you've continued the walking, even if it is street walking. It's out in the fresh air, it's exercise, it is getting those feel better hormones working - what's not to like?
    It was a lovely morning here too.

    From what you say, can I assume you have heard about the job?

    J x

    ReplyDelete