Friday, 4 December 2015

All's well

Yesterday's appointment went really well surprisingly. I came out of the consultation 15 minutes BEFORE I was due to go in!!! You can appreciate my shock if you ever read about any other appointment I've had there.
According to the consultant I spoke to there is no sign of a recurrence of the swelling or fluid build up from earlier this year. Because it's been aching a bit lately he didn't discharge me, but said unless there was a change I didn't need to go back for 6 months.
The downside of the appointment of course is the usual pain and annoyance they always inflict - the pupil diluting drops that burn going in and the brighter than the sun lights they then shine into those poor, defenceless eyes. And the blurriness of all things for several hours. I made it back to the train station afterwards and promptly got on the wrong train! Luckily I heard an announcement of the stops with enough time in hand to cross the platform and board the correct train.
When I got home M persuaded me to have a celebratory takeaway. I plumped for a kebab, and we tried a new place - sadly it was disappointing. But still I was hungry, I assume because I'd walked 5 miles for the first time in at least a month and my usual feeding window hadn't provided enough calories for that. The walking was good but when I got home I had sore feet as well as blurry eyes, which just shows how inactive I've been lately. 
The blurry eyes stopped me writing a post last night.
This morning I had a headache which is common after the above mentioned torture session so I worked from home. As I was supposed to be moving desk this afternoon so the office refurbishment can move into my usual space I was glad to avoid the disruption and racket too.
At lunchtime I made it out for a walk - wearing sunglasses because it was quite bright and a nice day. The feet didn't protest too much, I figure they probably worked out that I'm getting back to normal and just accepted their fate.

2 comments:

  1. So very glad that everything seems to be slotting back into place again one way and another. Excellent news all round.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear things are improving for you and the eye seems to be settling down

    ReplyDelete