Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Back to normal

In the office today there was a state of mild chaos as the office is being refurbished starting next week. We're expected to carry on as normal while they remove walls, rip out air conditioning and replace kitchens all around us. With no heating except that offered by electric heaters switched on by the first people in. Starting in November and running through January. Is it me or is that crazy?
Everyone I've spoken to - including myself - is planning to work from home a lot. The poor receptionist has no choice but to come in and is feeling hard done by. 
Anyway, moaning and criticising each new decision is a distraction from the normal frustrations of working. And I did enjoy a nice walk at lunchtime today (as the aches and pains felt much better) with walking buddies #1 and #2. Even though it was a really wet day to start and a grey day after that. By lunch it was just grey.
After work as usual was just unwinding over kitchen chores and TV watching. But I am happy to report that for the first time in over a week I didn't hear anything fireworks today! If only I didn't know it was about to start up again....

Food today:
Breakfast: cheesy scrambled eggs 
Lunch: lamb chops 
Dinner: egg drop soup (actually this time I just poached the egg in the stock instead of beating it and drizzling it in. A small but significant difference :-))
Snacks: cheese, cream 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are feeling more normal again . . .
    J x

    ReplyDelete