Tuesday, 22 September 2015

Stupid weather....

I was woken up by the rain this morning - it was hammering down, torrential, and sounded like it was coming in through the roof and windows (luckily it wasn't). Also luckily it couldn't keep it up long despite the forecast showing heavy rain non stop till mid afternoon; it was fairly light by the time I left for work and most of the morning looked to be better than the forecast.
Today was the day of the charity bake sale. I have to admit that I just stayed out of the room altogether. I considered going in to make a donation then binning the cake, but that seems wasteful, disrespectful of the effort made by the bakers, and also unnecessarily exposing myself to temptation that might have led to eating the cake instead of binning it.
I'm not sure if all that reads like rationalisation of uncharitable behaviour but I'm still going to do what I have to do.
I would had to walk alone at lunchtime again today because my walking buddy was working from home. However I was stuck in a meeting from 12-1 and in the meantime the rain came back with a vengeance and I chose not to suffer the annoyance of wet jeans all afternoon. It's due to be better tomorrow and that will have to do... The sun came out as I left work (seemed highly appropriate) but disappeared again before I made it home. Stupid weather.

Food today:
Breakfast: eggs and bacon
Lunch: cold beef and babybel cheese
Dinner: slow cooked lamb neck fillet
Snacks: Pork rinds and no cake!

1 comment:

  1. I don;t blame you in the slightest. The only think I can think of is that maybe you could have made a donation but not bought a cake - and how hard would that be???? I suppose it is still not too late to just donate, if you wish to, without the cakes being there and calling out to you!
    J x

    ReplyDelete