Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Happy birthday to me

I'm 40 something today! Errr, I mean 35 again...
I worked from home today and walked 3 miles before work. I started getting sniffles about 8 am, and I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with a cold since I doubt the pollen was high today. Maybe that's why I was so tired at the weekend. I feel fairly energetic today apart from the stuffed up nose and occasional sneezing fits anyway. I didn't walk far at lunchtime because I decided to give myself a manicure instead (in this instance manicure = wobbly edged coat of nail varnish, but that's as good as it gets)
After work though I did another 3 miles popping to the train station to pick up my tickets for Saturday as I somehow managed to forget to all through the 3 day weekend.
I'm not doing anything for my birthday today, but on Saturday I'm visiting my mum then getting a takeaway with M. Not the most exciting birthday celebration but I've never been that worried to be honest - parties, especially surprise ones, are my worst nightmare and when you spend your life trying to lose weight a nice meal and some booze just feels like sabotage. Speaking of booze, my entire weekend (plus today) was completely booze free. I didn't even really miss it! Every milestone, however small, is worth noting... (I will admit that a part of me thinks a whisky and ginger would help with the damn cold but as I have no whisky (or ginger) that's not too hard to resist.)
Speaking of small milestones this morning's weigh in showed a recent low so that, unlike the cold, was actually a nice birthday present.

Food today:
Breakfast: beef mince and chorizo stew
Lunch: pork scratchings
Dinner: beef mince and chorizo stew
Snacks:  cheese

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you a very, very happy birthday.
    J x

    ReplyDelete