Thursday, 17 September 2015

Happier today

I worked from home today as I'd already agreed that I would for my eye appointment before the bastards at the Royal Berkshire postponed it again. I'm torn on what to do about that by the way, any opinions? Initially I wanted to call the consultant's secretary to try for a date closer than bloody Bonfire Night, but now I'm not sure that I can be bothered - my eye isn't painful and the vision seems to have settled down so maybe it's OK to wait? And wait...  And wait...  OK I'm still a little bitter...
Anyway, at lunchtime (and it was a beautiful lunchtime) I managed to walk nearly 4 miles just going to collect a parcel from a post office distribution centre. It was really sunny but cool enough that I wore a fleece - which as you know is ideal weather in my book. Although M's parents are in Cyprus at the moment and I was a little jealous of the weather they were having this morning (my FiL was trying to persuade me to hop on a plane and join them in their rented villa and I was tempted)
After work I had a soak in a hot bath and really enjoyed it even though it was at least partly to resist eating lots.

Food today:
Breakfast: meatloaf
Lunch: pulled pork
Dinner: Pork chop
Snacks: cheese, Pork scratchings

1 comment:

  1. Personally I think it is far from OK to be made to wait for so long but perhaps you have to be pragmatic about it. It's appalling though.
    J x

    ReplyDelete