Monday, 17 August 2015

When will I learn?

Not much to say about today without sounding grumpy. I really didn't want to go to work today and even working from home didn't appeal. So I went in and resented so doing for most of the day. I did enjoy a lunchtime walk with my walking buddy (although another colleague - the world's angriest tester, invited himself along and brought some negativity with him)  and a stimulating chat about horror movies / TV shows and books in the kitchen in the afternoon. The rest of the day felt (emotionally not literally) like I had on shoes that were half a size too small. I was thrilled to get out of there at 4.
I didn't walk after work as I had some kitcheny things to do. I should have made time - either for a walk or for a pampering bath - but I've had little energy today so I took the easy way out.
I also then grazed through the evening. I ate nothing that is not permitted on a low carb / keto diet, but I ate too much of it. As always emotional eating /comfort eating not intuitive eating.
Sigh.


Food today:
Breakfast: Alison's Bread, toasted in a frying pan, topped with 2 scrambled eggs
Lunch: Cheese and smoked sausage with salad
Dinner: homemade mushroom & onion soup
Snacks: cheese, sugar free jelly made up with cream cheese and double cream - 'fat bombs' which are too damned easy to eat.

8 comments:

  1. Been there too. It's the pits. And then I beat myself up about beating myself up! Sympathies!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy
      Some day I hope to grow out of that sort of thing but it hasn't happened yet :-(

      Delete
  2. I think we have all been there - I like to take leaf out of the dogs book and try to remember that yesterday has gone and tomorrow is uncertain so live for today only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living in the moment is one of the most endearing things about dogs, isn't it? Everything seems fun and exciting to them! Not sure I was ever any good at that but it's definitely something to aim for

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate my job too - I literally work about 30-45 minutes out of the day and no one seems to notice which is weird!

    Hang in there! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Biz, it helps to know I'm not alone, and thanks for stopping by. I know what you mean about no one noticing what's going on - I had a boss once ask me to just pop down to join a meeting - on a day when I was working from home and was over 20 miles from her meeting. I wouldn't mind, but my desk was right next to hers..

      Delete
  5. You will grow out of it - just wait for post-menopause. Such a difference!

    ReplyDelete