Tuesday, 25 August 2015

What revolting weather...

I hoped the forecast (of heavy rain most of the day) was wrong because very first thing it was a beautiful if chilly morning. Wrong!  Almost dead on 12 - exactly as I was walking towards the door to go for a walk - it started raining 'a bit'. I was going with my walking buddy and we had the obligatory discussion about whether we wanted to risk it, before deciding to give it a shot. At my usual turning back point (Co op) it was still just drizzling so I carried on. Which is of course when it started getting harder and harder. I looked like I'd swum to Sainsburys by the time I got back - and although I'd been wearing a waterproof jacket, my jeaned legs were not covered, so I spent the afternoon with the denim clinging revoltingly to my thighs. I tried hard to blame my walking buddy but it was self inflicted really, I can't deny it... I was glad about going out anyway, apart from whenever I felt how cold and clammy my legs were.
On other fronts things are still going quite well  - I had a definite urge to lunge at the peanut butter jar this evening and didn't give in to it. Someone brought sweets in to the office and I wasn't even interested /tempted - so no resistance needed. I've been reading up more on keto diets (also so-called zero carb diets) and I'm considering whether to go that hard core in an attempt to really destroy my sweet cravings. Haven't decided yet, more reading needed - and a lot more planning if I decide to try it out for a few months.

Food today:
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with mushrooms and leek
Lunch: broccoli soup
Dinner: chicken salad
Snacks: cheese,  Pork scratchings

3 comments:

  1. It was dreadful, wasn't it? Yesterday morning was OK, sunny and breezy but then the rains came again - and it is still raining and windy as I type. Yuck. At least it is not too hot!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once when we were camping I saw chap go out in a deluge to walk his dog. He wore shorts flip flops and a kagool. I thought he was mad until I realised it is easier to dry legs a feet than jeans and shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete