Monday, 10 August 2015

Weekends are better than Mondays

See if you can guess how much I did not want to go back to the real world today after my great weekend... Yesterday we walked a total of 17 miles - very possibly the farthest I've ever walked in one day, and definitely the most in a weekend - 29.4 miles!  And because we were chatting we didn't remotely realise it and certainly didn't suffer - apart from a bit of dehydration and possible heat rash in my case. We walked through mostly natural settings yesterday - woods and fields with a long stretch beside the Blackwater River. It was fab. My food yesterday was good too - all homemade and controlled by me. It's the first time in ages I've managed to stay completely gluten free when we have visitors. I did drink whisky yesterday but other than that I was relatively happy. My weight did rebound a bit but I figure that's water retention so avoid dying of the heat while not quite drinking enough on the walks.
Today was, relatively speaking, a rest day - I didn't quite make my 10000 steps for the day. (9666) I had a frustrating day that started with me being unable to even log onto the system I'm testing until 1 pm. I was really tired having combined all that weekend walking with 3 poor night's sleep and it was genuinely difficult to stay awake. I had no energy to walk before work and though I did go out at lunchtime and after work both walks were a little unenthusiastic and lack lustre really.
Today I watched a really good documentary I recorded a couple of weeks ago

 - I don't know if anyone else saw it - about the history of the Women's Institute. It was fascinating to hear about its radical activism combined with jam making and cake baking!
I have a small confession...  I'm starting to crave toast a bit. I'm not giving in as it's really not worth the stomach effects but it's a little bit of a struggle so please send me some positive thoughts and supportive vibes!  Thanks!

Food today:
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with mushrooms, tomato, leek and green pepper
Lunch: pork rinds dipped in sour cream
Dinner: egg drop soup
Snacks: smoked sausage, cheese

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such an enjoyable and satisfing weekend. Toast is nasty, you don't really want any!!!
    J x

    ReplyDelete