Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Moving on

Well, after feeling bloated most of yesterday I don't feel bad today - and do feel remotivated (is that a word? It is now) so no off plan foods at all today. (by which I mean not that I ate perfectly, just that I didn't eat anything that doesn't belong on a low carb diet plan)

The book I'm reading about bingeing is called Brain over Binge by Kathryn Hansen and it is very interesting. Unlike most self help books she doesn't believe that the behaviour you want to change needs loads of introspective over-analysis of its root cause. (which is good for me because I don't believe my tendency to overeat or binge is caused by a traumatic event when I was 3) She thinks the urge to binge is actually born from dieting and starts off as the brain's survival instincts encouraging overeating as a response to apparent famine, which I can definitely relate to - I never binged until sometime into my last successful attempt at weight loss through calorie counting when I was trying to get to a weight lower than I now think was really good for me (my face definitely looked gaunt and, as a result, older). She offers a very simple approach which I won't go in to since I don't want to be sued for copyright infringement / plagiarism / just being plain inconsiderate given that she put a lot of time and work into writing the book, but suffice it to say I'll be trying to follow her suggestions to see if I respond well to them. Fingers crossed!

I tried to go for a walk at lunchtime but the weather was against me - it started raining right on cue and I ended up cutting it very short. It was especially disappointing as I was really feeling the need to get away from my desk. I did pop to the nearest convenience store but that's less than half a mile round trip. I am still going upstairs to the bathroom at work instead of going to the closest one on my own floor but that's the only exercise I got today as it was pouring again by the time I left work.
I guess that's a British summer for you...

Food today:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with mushrooms and leek
Lunch: smoked sausage and cheese with salad
Dinner: Shirataki Alfredo
Snacks: Sugar free jelly 'fat bombs', almonds

1 comment:

  1. So glad things are picking up for you.
    J x

    ReplyDelete