Thursday, 6 August 2015

More and more and more of the same...

Back in the office today and time was really dragging all morning. I'm formulating a plan to fit either training or walking into the early morning from Monday - regardless of staying home or going in to the office - and hoping that will perk me up a bit, as training before breakfast generally does when on holiday.
I did go for a walk at lunchtime, which was nice as always, and again after work, ditto, but in between I felt apathetic, bored and a little bit down - not full blown depression, just dissatisfied with life. It was probably mostly boredom as the system I was supposed to be testing was too broken to be worth testing until after lunch. I spent too much time reading back through archives on some of my favourite new blog discoveries in between being asked to 'try it again' and digging through databases looking for solutions.
In the meantime someone brought in cakes for a birthday - the third time that I know if this week (and I've only been in the office 3 days this week). Normally I try to ignore them altogether to avoid even being tempted, but sheer boredom drove me to walk past and take a look. Most of it was utterly untempting actually, shop bought tray bakes and other equally commercial mediocrity. But there was one exception, a totally mass produced but rarely brought into the office achilles heel exception - Jaffa Cakes. I don't know why I love them, but I love them. I love them too much even to try gluten free ones as I deep down know they couldn't be as good as the real thing. I didn't eat a single Jaffa cake, but now I'm thinking about it...  I'm trying to test the 'imagine eating it 30 times' approach from Trust Me I'm a Doctor but my appetite for them seems to be growing rather than shrinking. Right now 30 jaffa cakes sounds AMAZING.
I took a short walk after work (my drive home took longer than it should because of roadworks and the obligatory traffic jams produced,so that was all I had time for. ) I basically got my 10000 steps in with a very few extra.

Food today:
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with mushrooms, tomato, leek and bacon
Lunch: egg mayo
Dinner: crispy chicken livers with salad
Snacks: Pepperoni chips with whipped philadelphia cream cheese

2 comments:

  1. Thirty Jaffa cakes? Mmmm, lead me to them! I'm with you there.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week I started walking in the early morning and I've really enjoyed it - it's a great way to clear my head and get my blood moving. I had to look up Jaffa cakes as I'm not familiar with them...those DO look quite tempting!

    ReplyDelete