Thursday, 23 July 2015

Definitely looking up

Yesterday's horrific weigh in was improved by 3 lbs this morning - proving just how susceptible to bloat /inflammation /water retention I am when I eat (or drink) the wrong things. It's still not a number I'm happy with and I'm still determined to permanently change it for the better, but it was a boost even so.
My shoulder / neck soreness is improving though I can still feel it. The back pain is virtually gone - or maybe the neck thing is just distracting enough to mask it. I'm thinking - hoping - that I might be able to try getting on the climber next week if the improvement continues. It can be used as a stepper without arm involvement which might be more gentle on my back and neck until I know where I stand with it.
By the time I left work today I was starving and worried that I might be headed for a binge, so I went for a walk (and left my purse at home). I spent a little while - not long enough, but I will be going back - wandering around another Nature Reserve - a really nicely wooded area.







By the time I got home I'd walked just over 5 miles, and managed to distract the possible binge away (although I did still need to eat asap so I cooked as soon as I walked through the door.)  I also didn't have a drink, although I wanted to - but I think it does have a disproportionate effect on my weight loss efforts and I'm so very motivated right now... An early night (OK, really early!) is now about to happen, both for the health and diet benefits of more sleep and to keep me away from the kitchen (it is still calling me) Night everybody!

Food today:
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with leek, cabbage and tomatoes with a plum
Lunch: egg fast pancakes with cheese and a small pot of Fage Total yogurt (full fat)
Dinner: bacon and eggs
Snacks: cheese

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos - no wonder it cheered you up being there. It's allso lovely to read that things are picking up again.
    Hope you slept well!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos, and 5 miles is a very impressive walk! Congrats on that little scale drop...it shouldn't have so much power, but it really IS a psychological boost to see a drop.

    ReplyDelete