Tuesday, 21 July 2015

No more tears

And once again the meltdown is followed by a better day. I'm not feeling good, much less great, but I feel... more level is the best word I think. At a lower level than I'd prefer, but still better than diving head first into despair.
I didn't walk before work today but spent the time on another project. I'll tell you about it should I stick with it, but it's too soon as yet. I did go for a walk at lunchtime with my walking buddy and it was good - helpful - to get away from my desk, move my body, and talk to someone who doesn't know how crazy my brain sometimes (often?) gets - I don't want people at work to know and that means I work on acting like a normal human being around them. I'm not sure how good a job I really do, I'm not famed for my acting ability, but it's a kind of 'fake it till you make it' situation. After work I chose to take a long hot bath as Diane suggested a little while ago to pamper myself a little bit in a way that didn't support eating. As a result I didn't eat anything I hadn't planned this evening, and that feels as good as the hot water did.

Food today:
Breakfast: flourless egg fast pancakes and bulletproof coffee
Lunch: soup based on turkey Bolognese sauce plus extra liquid and vegetables; raisins for dessert
Dinner: vegetable omelette with smoked sausage
Snacks: plum, 2 cherries, cashew nuts

3 comments:

  1. Diane is a very wise lady! Your menu looks pretty good to me - delicious and satisfying.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hot bath is one of my favorite ways to relax and take some 'me' time. Glad you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete