Wednesday, 8 July 2015

Detox day 3/30

Foodwise I'm feeling a bit better, back pain unchanged - to the degree that I've decided to make a doctors appointment next week (has to be after work and I was busy then today and will be tomorrow - although I could try for Friday). I know you're probably thinking well duh, but generally I've achieved very little by going to the doctor over the years of intermittent back problems so I can't help being reluctant. I'm going to ask for a referral to a physiotherapist. Or a chiropractor or whatever seems appropriate.
Anyway. I was doing OK with the detox today, or so I thought, when I realised I'd made a mistake. Whole30 bans all forms of sugar and sweeteners - and that's been fine in terms of food and drink - but what I never thought about was the painkiller caplets I've been taking, and their damned sugar coated easy to take-ness. Both the Paracetamol and the ibuprofen. Not the solpadeine, but I'm not sure codeine would get the go ahead anyway. So I bought some capsules at lunchtime with no sugar in sight, and decided that as I wasn't taking the pills for pleasure, or tempted to OD on them (well, there was one point yesterday but that was back pain related not due to the sugar) I'm not starting over. That might invalidate the whole thing but it was only 2.5 days taking one or two doses of each per day - not exactly a capital offence, right? Right? I mean they say there's no room for wriggling or manoeuvring in the rules, but how much sugar could there be, really? And I didn't buy them on purpose for a sugar fix, I just generally buy that formulation because I've always found them easier to swallow. Not any more though...

Food today:
Breakfast: fried eggs with homemade sausage, leek and mushrooms
Lunch: Salad with hardboiled eggs
Dinner: Mexican chicken stir fry
Snacks: a couple of teaspoons of avocado and a few small slices of cold meat.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is why I could never cope with something as rigidly strict as that. My whole being cries out 'how stupid'!! I wonder if the rules include medication because, in some cases, that could be dangerous.
    If you're really worried about it, is there any advice line you could contact to ask?
    J x

    ReplyDelete