Tuesday, 7 July 2015

Detox day 2 /30

Losing the will to live.
It rained this morning. Matched my miserable mood rather well... I had the opportunity to risk getting wet going for a walk at lunchtime but decided against it as I felt it was quite possible I'd walk a mile, buy 1704567 calories' worth of crap, walk back and eat the lot. So I stayed back but went out to sit in my car through lunch so I'd have some lumbar support for an hour. Then came back in when I realised I was in danger of falling asleep with my mouth open and being laughed at forever more...
After depriving myself of my walk, the only good thing about the working day, I feel particularly indignant and injured that someone brought cake in and I still had to use my dwindling supply of self control to resist indulging. I managed, but still... I'm struggling a bit to gauge the right sized breakfast and lunch to avoid snacking as advised on whole30. Yesterday was relatively easy thanks to left over hangover symptoms but today I kind of blew it - or underestimated my state of depression - and it was damned hard work. And my own fault, given that I'd intended to take something in case I needed it, but forgot to pack anything.
Anyhow, whatever the reason I was hungry all day, ate both lunch and dinner early, and needed a snack for supper. But at least I only ate the foods acceptable on the whole30, didn't binge - even on those acceptable foods - and remarkably managed not to let my inner bitch out (even though she was thumping and kicking on the door screaming to be released)

Food today:
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with tomatoes, leek and mushrooms
Lunch: homemade sausage soup
Dinner: Roast chicken leg with pesto zoodles & a side salad
Snacks: hardboiled egg with a tiny bit of mayo

2 comments:

  1. That menu looks really nice . . .
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you're going through a rough patch. I've started (and failed to finish) a Whole 30 3 or 4 times, so I know it can be rough. Take CARE of yourself!

    ReplyDelete