Thursday, 9 July 2015

Day 4/30

(Clearly I decided not to start again over the sugar coated painkillers.)
I worked from home today so the plumber could fit the new toilet. It sounded easy and we expected it to be a fairly short job, but eventually involved tiling when he discovered that last time the bathroom was tiled they didn't tile behind the cistern but only up to the edge. As the new one is smaller there would have been a ridiculous gap. Thanks to that extra job he arrived at 9:30 and left after 1pm.
Because I knew he wouldn't come before 9 I went for a walk in the morning before starting work. I also walked after work - didn't get out at lunchtime because the plumber was still here and I couldn't leave. And this evening I donated blood - which I have been meaning to do for ages. So I'm pleased about that.
Between my long and shorter walks I managed almost 7 miles even though I felt trapped in hell all morning listening to hammering and other loud plumberish noises.

Food today:
Breakfast: Steak and eggs with mushrooms and leek
Lunch: sausage patties, salad and half a portion of homemade broccoli soup
Dinner: beef rogan josh
Snacks: half an avocado, nuts and a little cold meat, also some raspberries. I realise the no snacking thing didn't work out today...

1 comment:

  1. I think we are so accustomed to snacks nowadays that it is hard not to. Mind you, thinking back to the olden days (when I were a lass), we had breakfast, elevensies, lunch, a little bit of something when we got in from school and a dinner later on! It's only what we have that has maybe changed.
    J x

    ReplyDelete